A QUALITY YACHT YARD SINCE 1978
- Our Business is a full service boat yard.
- Our Vision is to be the boat yard of choice for our customers.
- Our Mission is to deliver the services requested in partnership with our customers.
The Sailor’s Wharf is focus on service using the ABYC Standard, the highest standards in our marine industry. We use these standards for the quality and safety issues our customers depend on.
We focus on serving our customers’ requirements by:
- Investing in new equipment, a clean facility, having the Florida West Coast best pressure cleaning recycling system and safety equipment for our techs.
- Developing our technicians by sending them to schools for certification in ABYC standards, Awlgrip Systems and Spectra Watermakers. We are certified applicators for SeaHawk and Pettit anti fouling paints systems. We attend national seminars to keep us up to date with advanced systems and applications for our customer’s service requirements.
- Having the ability to do total redesign and renovations supervise by a SNAME member yacht designer with experience of having built over two thousand boats.
Our focus is our technicians who display vision and commitment to satisfy our customer’s service objectives.
Robert Valdes, Service Manager
Robert Valdes is a second generation boat builder; his father worked with Vince Lazzara, founder of Gulfstar, and was a co-founder of Endeavor Yachts. Rob grew up in the boat industry; he was born in Newport Beach, California. He started in the yachting industry at an early age. His summer jobs included rigging and hull lamination then graduated into commissioning and boat delivery. These experiences evolved into yacht manufacturing, from sailing vessels, both mono-hull and multi-hull, to sport fishers and 50 meter mega yachts. He has honed his skills in all disciplines of marine construction. After many years in the industry, he landed at Sailor’s Wharf. First as a yacht ABCY repair technician, and then moving into a project management position that focused on new boat commissioning, custom interiors and customer satisfaction.
Erik Hausch, Boat Yard Supervisor
Erik was born and raised in the Hudson Valley area of New York on a small fresh water lake. He grew up his family on their 39’ Allied ketch, cruising from New York to the Bahamas. That trip sealed the deal for his career choice. So, after graduating high school, He attended the Landing School of Boatbuilding and Design in Kennebunk, Maine. After graduating, he was one of a small crew who built a replica of an 1898 30’ Elco launch. This was the start of the new Electric Launch Company that produced electric launches, as well as lapstrake runabouts.
Erik moved to Florida in 1991 and began restoring antique runabouts in Sarasota, then Trumpy’s in St. Petersburg. After having his fill of ‘red lead’ and mahogany dust, he decided to see what this fiberglass stuff was all about. In 1997, he began working for the Sailor’s Wharf Yacht Yard, working in the boat yard in rigging, carpentry and electronics. He was promoted to run Florida Yacht Charters & Sailing School which at that time was a division of Sailor’s Wharf. After a stint as a private motor yacht captain, He returned to “The Wharf” as yard foreman and then service manager.
After years of personal boat ownership, a long career in the marine industry. Erik is an ABYC Master Technician (marine systems, marine electrical and marine corrosion). With all his experience he knows the in’s and out’s of most boats and systems.